Welcome to PARACHUTES AND FLYING MACHINES, a blog set up and run by London indie-rock 5-piece PREGO where you'll find out what we've been up to and what we are doing next. This is also where we'll let you know about what music, films, books, art, people and cool places we've encountered recently. We'd like to hear from you too, so let us know what we are missing out on!

Friday 5 March 2010

DAN'S BLOG

Dan’s Blog

So... This is my first blog! How exciting! Over time it will mostly be happening in the form of lists, questions, data, hopefully culminating in many different forms of charts and graphs. But here is an initial note in order to get the 'blogging ball' rolling.

My primary aim\hope for blogging in the for mentioned manner is to see how the accumulation of data and various kinds of information (for example carbohydrate consumption for the week) can establish weather certain aspects of existence (in this case my own existence) could somehow benefit from the measuring of everyday tasks, habits, preferences, and assumptions. I even hope to find that these 'study logs' or if you will 'study blogs' observe patterns that might point to a new, previously unseen sense of, dare I say, 'meaning', (if meaning, is indeed calculable by the collection of simple data) as it applies to what I might usually assume to be a particularly unordered, shabby, very confused attempt at my existence.


Be sure to know however, I am not a mathematician, statistician or a scientist. I'm dan best. Sure I've read a few books, but hey I am not attempting to reduce the complexities of our momentary fleeting experience on this beautiful earth to a few blots of ink on paper or pixels on a screen. That I'm quite sure is not possible. Yet if I can glean a few coherent glimpses of progress or un progress because I took the time to record a few habitual details, then that would be in itself progress!

So here's to hoping, (with your input here and there) I can kick that 'blogging ball', into the back of the net!!!


chord of the week

opening chord to ‘california’ by Low

tune of the week

Zebra, Teen Dream, BEACH HOUSE

distance run

time spent running

days until 10K run

14.74km

watch battery run out; add to “to do” list.

27 days

style focus

“I like my little boots”

facial hair status

n/a

work : music ratio (hrs)

16 : 13

question of the week

Just how clever is my new mac?

film of the week

fargo, Coen brothers

finish the lyric

“What the water wants is hurricanes.......”

quote of the week

It’s because of wonder both then and now that man first began to philosophise.’

book being read

God’s undertaker, has science buried God, John C Lennox.






No comments:

Post a Comment